How does emergency financial assistance through The Snoop and Love Community Foundation work?
- The Snoop and Love Community Foundation sets eligibility criteria for pets who demonstrate financial need.
- Help is given on a case-by-case basis. Snoop and Love Community Foundation board members determine who will receive help from the fund.
- The ability to offer financial assistance also depends on the availability of funds. In order to remain viable, the fund carries a monthly cap and a minimum availability threshold.
- Pets under the care/guardianship of animal welfare societies receive priority over pets belonging to members of the public.
- Before applying for help from the Snoop and Love Community Foundation, clients must first fill out an application for PetCard (a financing program for medical care), and they must fully utilize the available credit provided by this option.
- Homeless pets, pets that have been surrendered by their owner, pets under the care/guardianship of animal welfare societies, and pets belonging to clients who have been deemed eligible and who have demonstrated financial need.
- The pet must be experiencing a medical emergency.
- The pet must have a fair to good prognosis.